Dear Parishioners of Our Beloved St. Paul,
Wonderful News! I am happy to tell you that St. Paul the Apostle will reopen (at first in a limited way) for Sunday and Daily Mass beginning the weekend of June 13/14
I am happy to tell you that we have entered Phase II of the NYS opening directives. Therefore, on the weekend of June 13/14 we will reopen (although on a limited basis). Holy Mass will be offered at 5PM on Saturday June 13th (please note that it will not be the usual time of 4) and at 10 AM on Sunday June 14th. Confessions will be heard from 4.00PM until 4.45PM on Saturday.
Weekday Mass will resume on Monday, June 15th, but on a modified schedule for the time being. The weekday Masses will be celebrated on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at 9:00am in the Church, not the Daily Mass Chapel. There will be no weekday Mass on Thursday or Friday.
Please note that as of now Holy Communion will not be distributed, but we hope that will change soon.
We are happy to announce the following guidelines that we have put in place for the safety of our parishioners and visitors:
1. Masks must be worn by all in the Church
2. Hand sanitizer will be available at the various entrances to the Church.
3. Pews will be marked for social distancing
4. The collection baskets will be at the doors of the Church for your offerings to the parish. The ushers will not take up a collection.
5. There will be no entrance procession, and no offertory procession for the present time.
6. The Parish office will reopen on Monday, June 15th. The office hours will be Monday through Thursday from9AM until 4PM.
I have been so impressed with your generosity and goodness. Please remember that the Bishop has granted a dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass. The sick or those whose health is compromised should not attend Mass for their own sake and for the sake of our parishioners.
May God bless you, and
May Mary, Health of the Sick, keep you!
Monsignor James F. Pereda